The six things you need to know about this month:
1. Can you give up an hour to support local GCSE geography students? Mossbourne Academy’s geography department are looking for cyclists to interview about their experiences. 8th July, 1-3pm, Orford House Social Club. If you can help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Leyton Calling! Have your say on the good and bad side of infrastructure in Leyton: http://www.enjoywalthamforest.co.uk/leyton-survey/
3. Le Tour de Waltham Forest is on SUNDAY, let us know if you’re coming – Facebook event and details here.
4. Next WFCC meeting Tuesday 23rd (next week), 8 – 9:30pm at the Hornbeam. The agenda is coming soon and the minutes of the April meeting are uploaded here.
Quiet?ways: The video of the month comes all the way from Islington, watch it and please sign the petition.
6. Victoria Line August closure – ride it instead!
You all know the Victoria Line is shut from Walthamstow Central to Seven Sisters 8th-30th August, right? (it’s going on holiday in the south of France).
Waltham Forest Cycling Campaign will be running guided commuter rides to help people learn the best routes into work – because the buses, overground and Central Line are all likely to end up fairly crammed!
The aim is for rides to take quiet/easy paths in so people who’re new to cycling can use them (and because #miniholland isn’t quite here yet).
Here’s what we need to know if you’re interested – let us know in the comments below!
- If you want to come on the rides, which start/end points will be most useful for you?
- Would you rather try this out one morning or at the weekend or some other time?
- If you’re a regular cyclist on these routes could you volunteer to help us marshal one of the rides?
- If you ride the Central Line, can it really get that much busier? It’s already sardines…