Local bike shops
- Ashcycles, 94 Station Rd, North Chingford, E4 7BA – 0208 524 0063. www.ashcycles.com
- Bike Shack*, 26 Ruckholt Rd, Leyton E10 5NP – 0203 375 3806. www.bikeshackleyton.com
- Cycle Spirit*, 599 Lea Bridge Road, E10 6AJ – 0207 998 9210
- The Cycleway, 2 Richmond Road, Leytonstone E11 4BA. Also offer a mobile mechanic service – 07525 182878, thecycleway.co.uk
- Decathlon, Cork Tree Retail Park, London E4 8JA. www.decathlon.co.uk
- E17 Dutch Bikes, Unit 8, Wood Street Indoor Market, 98-100 Wood Street, Walthamstow, E17 3HX – 07823 863 200. www.e17dutchbikes.co.uk
- Go Go Bicycles (electric bikes), 318 Hoe Street E17 9PX – 07513 333065. www.gogobicycles.co.uk
- Halfords, Unit 4a, Cork Tree Way, Hall Lane, Chingford E4 8JA – 0208 506 3620. www.halfords.com
- Heales Cycles Ltd*, 477 Hale End Rd, Highams Park, E4 9PT – 0208 527 1592. www.healescycles.co.uk
- Mamachari, 163 Forest Road, Walthamstow, E17 6HE – 0208 531 2585. www.mamachari.co.uk/
- Peddle my Wheels are a mobile service offering new bikes via a ‘try before you bike’ service and second hand bikes via markets.
- Racer Rosa, Studio 1, 6-10 Central Parade, 137 Hoe St, E17 4RT (by appointment only) – 02071 937047, 077729 31543 www.racerrosabicycles.co.uk
- Rolling Repairs, 532 Lea Bridge Road E10 7DT. email@example.com 07932 523517
- Station Bicycles, 1 Upper Walthamstow Road, Walthamstow E17 3QG
- Stayer Cycles, Acacia Business Centre, Howard Road, Leytonstone E11 3PJ – 0203 581 3280. www.stayercycles.com
- Walthamstow Cycles* 63 St James’s St E17 7PJ – 020 8521 2277. Also offer a mobile mechanic service, 07790 356470, WalthamstowCycles@Live.com
Second hand bikes
- Peddle My Wheels: https://www.peddlemywheels.com/
- Reuse Shop, Kings Road, Chingford. 020 8524 2567: https://walthamforest.gov.uk/content/kings-road-reuse-and-recycling-centre
Mobile cycle repairs
- Icon Cycles, 07710 559939, www.iconcycles.co.uk
- Sick Bike Repairs, 07834 896442, firstname.lastname@example.org
- DT Cycles, 0208 279 3329, www.dtcycles.co.uk – Offers collection & return or visit the workshop, but call first to make an appointment.
- bicyclean.co.uk (cleaning only), based around Stratford, will come and clean your bike in Leyton, Leytonstone, Walthamstow Central, Whipps Cross and Snaresbrook
- For small repairs and simple servicing, you can also look out of Dr. Bike stalls run by the council
- Go Further Cycling (cycle hire in Epping Forest): 4 Bury Road, Chingford, London E4 7QJ (behind Chingford Golf Course shop), 020 8524 6626, email@example.com
- The council offer free bike hire to residents.
- Peddle My Wheels offer ‘try before you bike‘ if you want to try a bike with the option of purchasing it.
Many shops offer discounts to LCC members – if you’re a member, make sure you ask! The ones we know about are marked *. A cycle shop listed here does not imply a recommendation – for feedback and recommendations try ask on this Facebook group.