Our monthly meeting is on Tuesday and all cyclists are welcome – 8pm to 9:30pm in the Hornbeam Centre, 458 Hoe Street, E17 9AH
Appointment of minute taker – Caroline has volunteered
Review of previous meeting minutes
Please read the previous meeting minutes in advance if you want to comment on them.
- Any comments/corrections?
Campaigning, Outreach and LCC (8:10)
- The LCC AGM (Wednesday 16th October) – feedback
- What we’re working on (Trello board)
- Whipps Cross potential cycling rehabilitation project – Fred to update group.
- One year(+) plan. Fred to start looking at what this should contain and come back to the group with an outline for discussion and input. Anyone else want to be involved?
- Setting up teams to work on specific areas. These could then work outside of our monthly meetings, and or take over monthly meetings so we can focus on a specific area – specific teams to be discussed later in meeting.
Outreach working group aka ‘Smashing the patriarchy’
- Set up a team to look at cycling outreach. Who would like to be involved?
- Named outreach person – what should their role be? Quick discussion now and then the outreach team can develop futher.
Inclusive cycling & rides
Working group for inclusive cycling:
- Who would like to be involved?
- Slack Channel
- What is the best way to communicate with the council?
- Issues to look at:
- Ask council to lend bikes for rides
- Ask council about more funding for bikeworks to provide sessions for kids. Or can we use bikeworks bikes/wheels for wellbeing etc to take kids on rides?
- Can council get adapted bikes?
- Providing better information about the rides we publicise (see September Agenda)
- Contacting Bikeworks for a meeting?
- Anything else?
WFCC Rides (8:35)
- Ride leader report back
- December ride to end at cafe?
- Routes page on website has been fixed
- firstname.lastname@example.org email address created for any queries about rides. Currently this goes to Bridget, Mat and Fred
- Cards for riders with contact details – volunteer required to design something.
Ride leader training
- We have three people interested, but we need 6-12 and a venue.
- Are there any guidelines for who is suitable to do the training? Details here.
- How can we add more people to this list (nudge keen riders?)?
- Any volunteers to organise this?
Council Liaison (8:55)
- LBR design over bridge into Hackney – light seg rationale – loss of effective width
- Rigg Approach, Heybridge Way – replicate Lammas Rd treatment
- Parking on LBR, Markhouse, Forest difficulty contacting enforcement (need improved escalation process)
- Whipps Cross Interchange (landscaping) & LBR completion & launch event
- Higham Hill/Lloyd Park LTN engagement – Higham Hill through road all others filtered?
- Markhouse track extension
- LBR Extension to Dalston
- Community Walking & Cycling Fund (using Ashden award funding)
- Woodhouse Rd/Terling Close junction treatment and planters
- School streets
- New hanger batch (confirm numbers in/planned)
Any other Waltham Forest issues?
- Fred asks: Who is it best to talk to in the council about non infrastructure issues For instance, getting cycles moved to Leytonstone to enable people without bikes to get training? Or the promise to get an all ability bike?
Any other business (9:15)
- School bike bus! (Caroline)
- What do you want to discuss?
Next meeting – November 26th, same time same place
Any additional items for the agenda please comment below, or email email@example.com
WFCC is part of the London Cycling Campaign, the world’s largest urban cycling organisation. You don’t need to be an LCC member to attend our meetings, but if you like what we do please consider joining LCC to help support our work. Members also receive discounts in many bike shops, insurance and other benefits.