Our monthly meeting is on Tuesday and all cyclists are welcome – 8pm to 9:30pm in the Hornbeam Centre, 458 Hoe Street, E17 9AH
The major topics for this month are:
- One year plan: Fred show the group updates on it, ask for more feedback.
- Clarify working group structure.
- New rides and training ride leaders
- Summary of meeting with Jonathan from Whipps Cross
- Summary of Bikeworks news from Sarah/other #allability member
Appointment of minute taker – Caroline has volunteered
Successes and Achievements
- Whipps Cross Meeting – feedback
- Higham Hill Ride
- All Ability Cycling Meeting (to be discussed later in meeting)
- School Bike Bus
- Share your news!
Previous meeting minutes
Please read the previous meeting minutes in advance if you want to comment on them.
- Details of who at the council does what, and their email addresses, have been shared on Slack. These shouldn’t be given to members of the public, who should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any comments/corrections?
Campaigning, Outreach and LCC
- Volunteer needed for LCC Festive Local Group Forum, Wednesday 11th December. The first hour being the usual forum, and the second hour will be mince pies, followed by a trip to the pub for anyone who would like to join us. 6:30pm at LCC’s office.
- Upgrading the stall for 2020 – LCC’s local group shop: T-shirts and how’s our gazebo?
- Motherload – joint screening with Cycle Sisters
One Year plan and group structure
An update on our plan for 2020:
- Explaining how the group works and the role of ‘group officers’.
- Our working groups have their own slack channels. If volunteers aren’t able to use Slack they can be updated by another means or the conversation could move elsewhere.
- I’m proposing to shelve the engagement event, pencilled in for April. We don’t have a compelling reason to draw new people in (like the MH funding did) and new volunteers have means we have the capacity to engage new people throughout the summer.
- Next steps – getting feedback on our plans for 2020.
All ability Cycling Update
Outreach Working Group
Ideas for other groups we could make contact with
- Ride leader report back
- WFCC ride to central london royal parks (24th November)
- Twinkly Sparkly Ride (14th December)
- End of Year Social Ride (29th)
- Tour de Waltham Forest – it’s coming back sometime between mid June and early July!
- Mariam taking over Newcomers ride
- Emergency Contact Cards – design produced by Paul, but waiting on Newcomers ride changes to be confirmed
- Caroline has produced a questionnaire for ride leaders so we can provide better information on our website.
- Ride leader training – Caroline has put together a list of people who are interested
- Extension of Lea Bridge Rd tracks to Waterworks roundabout
- Gosport Rd filter in Markhouse Village
- Markhouse Rd track link to Lea Bridge Rd
- Temple Mills Lane track to Drapers Field
- Essex Rd works for Coppermill Liveable Neighbouthood
- Higham Hill/Lloyd Park Livable Neighbourhood perception study launched
- Henry Maynard School streets consultation underway
- Review of Cycle Superhighway (Lea Bridge Road)
Actions & Successes
- Letter sent in support of joint Waltham Forest / Newham Liveable Neighbourhood
- Letter sent about redevelopment of the gasworks site next to Leyton Jubilee Park & response
Feedback & any other Waltham Forest issues?
Any other business
Summary of action points by minute taker
Next meeting – January 28th, same time same place. No meeting in December, but plenty of rides to join!
Any additional items for the agenda please comment below, or email email@example.com
WFCC is part of the London Cycling Campaign, the world’s largest urban cycling organisation. You don’t need to be an LCC member to attend our meetings, but if you like what we do please consider joining LCC to help support our work. Members also receive discounts in many bike shops, insurance and other benefits.