Our monthly meeting is on Tuesday and all cyclists are welcome – 8pm to 9:30pm in the Hornbeam Centre, 458 Hoe Street, E17 9AH
- Working with colleges, healthcare providers and community groups to promote cycling in 2020.
- Movie screening of Motherload
- Cycle parking and security
Appointment of minute taker – Caroline has volunteered
Successes and Achievements
Share your news!
Previous meeting minutes
Please read the previous meeting minutes in advance if you want to comment on them.
- Paul to discuss fixed location for Dr. Bikes with council
- Any comments/corrections?
Coordinator and LCC
- Local group forum feedback – Mariam
- Draft Local Plan meetings – three local attendees booked each of the three meetings for local community groups. North meeting is going on now, Central next week, South the week after.
- Local group survey – fill it in *
- Finances (internet banking, deputy treasurer)
- Annual Meeting 24th March – lets talk about roles
- Putting the 2020 plan in to action – Fred
Outreach Working Group
Ideas for other groups it would be good to make contact with
Barts Health / Whipps Cross
Taking forward the cycling rehab project, see email
All ability Cycling Update
- Motherload – update from Sarah
- Stall for events – volunteers to organise and run it? Tony
- Publicity materials
- Shall we order LCC T-shirts? £9.50 – individual contributions? (need to talk to Robert)
- Ride leader report back – December social ride!
- Emergency contact card (updated)
- Ride leader training – Caroline
- Newcomers Ride – Mariam (and FS updating info)
Council Liaison & Infrastructure
- Cycle Parking
- Infrastructure news
- Tours given
Feedback & any other Waltham Forest issues?
- Suggestion from Nov: We discussed how it’s important that new development cycle parking is done well and is useable. It was suggested a visit to South Grove could be useful to see what the cycle parking looks like in practice. Anyone to pick-up this action?
- From Nov: What is being done to look at the cumulative effect of all the development in the borough and how it can be mitigated? (construction traffic & logistics, closed pavements, closed cycle lanes). Could we link them up with Michael Barratt MBE somehow*
- Cyclehoop break-ins
Any other business
Summary of action points by minute taker
Next meeting – February 25th, same time same place
Any additional items for the agenda please comment below, or email email@example.com
WFCC is part of the London Cycling Campaign, the world’s largest urban cycling organisation. You don’t need to be an LCC member to attend our meetings, but if you like what we do please consider joining LCC to help support our work. Members also receive discounts in many bike shops, insurance and other benefits.