Our monthly meeting is on Tuesday and all cyclists are welcome – 8pm to 9:30pm in the Hornbeam Centre, 458 Hoe Street, E17 9AH
The major topics for this month are:
- Climate Campaign briefing
- Planning events for the summer
- Space for Cycling in Waltham Forest
- Finishing on time – I’ve added timings!
8:05 – Introductions
- Appointment of minute taker – Caroline has volunteered. Apologies: Paul, Dan, Sarah.
- Successes and Achievements – Share your news!
- Any comments on the previous meeting minutes?
8:10 – Campaigning, Outreach and LCC
- LCC’s climate campaign for the 2020 mayoral election
- Campaign briefing event 25th March – any volunteers?
- Safeguarding reminder
- Treasurer role – is anyone interested?
8:30 – Working Groups
- Motherload update: Sarah/Caroline
- Any other updates from working groups?
8:40 – Events
- ? June ?, Cyclist Tea – David – Stall, Dr. Bike?
- Saturday, 6th June – Motherload – Sarah and Caroline – Stall?
- Sunday, 28th June – Family Cycling Fun Day – Sarah – Stall
- Sunday, early July – Tour de Waltham Forest – WF (need to contact) – Stall
- Late August (when?) – Summer Social in Leyton? – Fred – Stall? Dr. Bike?
- Sunday Late September – Car Free Day – WF/Mayor – Stall? Ride?
8:55 – Rides
- Emergency/contact cards are here!
- Ride leader report back
- Ride leader training feedback and next steps: Caroline
9:10 – Council Liaison
This is where we talk about Space for Cycling and high quality safe infrastructure suitable for all abilities. Briefing to include:
- WFCC was not kept in the loop over the Grove Green Road two way track running from Cathall Rd to Lanthorne Rd which has been consulted on via traffic order and is about to be constructed. 2.5m wide, no car parking buffer zone. Carriageway width brought down to absolute minimum so it doesn’t seem there is anything further that can be done to improve the design until one side of car parking removed.
- Markhouse series 4 filters and place-making going ahead, thanks to the smart campaign headed up by Gen of door knocking yielding comfortable majorities in favour of the scheme for every road.
- Henry Maynard school street to go live in 23 Mar. 4 other school streets being developed.
- Q2 signage removal, and replacement with Cycleway27 signage & routing via Black Path once this section complete – WFCC have formally agreed to this, and proposed routing via Markhouse Avenue (once South Grove tracks & roundabout zebras complete & bus gate and associated Coppermill LN works are complete). Only other issues to be tackled would be the narrow blind bend section under the rail bridge (South Grove/Selborne Road) and the right turn from Markhouse Road into Markhouse Avenue.
- Lea Bridge Road:
- Mark Bland (Waltham Forest Highways Officer) is chasing developers over Essex Wharf wall louvres to improve side road sight-lines for eastbound cycles (just after they pass over canal bridge).
- East-bound at Argall Way development. S106 planning gain – track alongside bus stop will not be widened as per advice WFCC received 3-4 years ago.
- Poplars Road junction design (to stop footway parking) is complete (and will be sent to Paul).
- Footway from Hospital Rd to Whipps X interchange will be returned to shared use (after PG provided evidence it used to be before works started). Current zebras at junction will be signalised shortly.
Feedback & any other Waltham Forest issues?
9:20 – Any other business?
9:25 – Summary of action points by minute taker
9:30 – Annual meeting – 24th March, please bring your membership card if you have one!
Any additional items for the agenda please comment below, or email email@example.com
WFCC is part of the London Cycling Campaign, the world’s largest urban cycling organisation. You don’t need to be an LCC member to attend our meetings, but if you like what we do please consider joining LCC to help support our work. Members also receive discounts in many bike shops, insurance and other benefits.