Here are a selection of pre-planned routes created by our ride leaders. They can be downloaded and taken with you on your ride.
If you want a route planner, cyclestreets.net allows you to choose quieter or faster routes.
Rides to useful destinations avoiding busy roads where possible:
- Walthamstow Central to Finsbury Park & Manor House, 8 km.
- Walthamstow Market to Seven Sisters, 5 km. This goes via Forest Road and will be convenient for people living north of Walthamstow Central. If you live further south a route via Coppermill Lane could be better.
Family Bike Club Rides
Intermediate level trips designed for cycling with kids. Most of the routes are round trips or include the return and are under 15 miles (25 km):
- Walthamstow to Bruce Castle
- Walthamstow to Claybury
- Walthamstow to Cody Dock
- Walthamstow to Fairlop Water
WF Cycling Rides
20-30 mile long routes from our monthly rides:
- Walthamstow to Ride London
- Ride London to Walthamstow
- Daffodil Ride – Walthamstow – Trent Park
- Land, Water, Air
- Walthamstow to Nazeing
For more routes, check out our ride leader Bridget’s rides on Plotaroute!
Viewing GPX files on the go
The easiest way to follow these routes is to download an app which turns your phone in to a Sat Nav. There are lots of apps available for different devices, just search your app store for ‘GPX’.
Download the GPX file, open it with the app and you’re ready to go!